The SiN board 2019 on its physical meeting held at NTNU agreed that the AGM for 2020 will be held on 7th & 8th may 2020 at UiO. We encourage all universities to send in at least two representatives from the local organisations.
The SiN board had the pleasure to physically meet up in NTNU on 16th Nov 2019 and discussed a couple of issues affecting PhD students in Norway. among the topics discussed was
- Career outside academia- with a focus on how and where do students end up after life as a PhD. What employment careers do they end up in?- Research, teaching, innovation etc. This Topic is important for both researchers and continuing PhD students since it captures the impact of research on innovation which is the current most hot literature debate today.
- Open Science- How we communicate science is very important since everything we do is based on science.
- Career inside academia- what should be the focus for PhD students planning to stay inside academia? can you research, publish, present findings, and how can your research contribute to innovation or impact society
- Life as a PhD- what are the enablers for success to a PhD student? How does the learning environment impact on the PhD completion rate in Norwegian Universities.
- Gender and equality- This topic analyses issues of transparency in recruitment and seeks to address gender and diversity issues for PhD students in Norway.
we encourage local organisations to provide more support on the above topics, the discussions are open and on going.